Add a spouse or dependant(s) to your retirement health coverage
Send us a form to add your spouse and/or eligible dependant(s) to your extended health care and/or dental coverage after you start receiving your pension.
Complete the form
- Complete the form online
- Print, sign and date the form
- Submit the form to the plan
You can add your spouse and/or dependant(s) to your extended health and/or dental coverage through BC's Municipal Pension Plan if they:
- Are a permanent resident of Canada
- Have medical coverage through a provincial health plan in the province where they live if they're applying for extended health care coverage
- Are joining the plan within 60 days of your retirement date, or you can provide proof of their continuous coverage in a plan if they are applying after this date
- Meet the eligibility requirements in the coverage booklet
If you have not yet applied to receive your pension, you can add your spouse and/or dependant(s) to your extended health and/or dental coverage as part of your application.
If you are applying for coverage for your spouse or dependant(s) 60 days or more after your retirement date, you must provide proof of their continuous coverage under another extended health care and/or dental plan. You must include the name of the insurance company, the group/policy number and their ID or certificate number.