Submit a form to purchase service
Submit a form to buy service for an approved leave of absence, non-contributory service, past service or arrears.
Submit the Purchase of service application form
- Open and save the form
- Complete Part A of the form
- Print and sign it
- Attach any required documents
- Send the completed form and documents to your employer to complete Part B and send Part B to BC's Municipal Pension Plan
Once we have processed your application, we will send you a statement.
Another way to submit the form
Sign in to My Account and use the personalized cost estimator to estimate the cost to buy service.
This will generate a pre-populated version of the Purchase of service application form that includes your specific information. You will still need to print the form, attach any required documents and send the complete package to your employer.
You may be able to buy service if:
- You are currently a member of the Municipal Pension Plan
- The service was with the Municipal Pension Plan
- You meet the deadline to buy service: there is a five-year deadline for all purchase types or you must apply to buy service within 30 days of leaving your current employer, whichever comes first
- Both you and your employer need to complete specific sections of the form
- You may need to include documents with your package, depending on the type of service you are buying