COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we’re not accepting paper documents. Please send your personal forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account, aren’t a pension plan member or are submitting on behalf of someone else, please contact us.

Submit a form to waive your beneficiary rights to your spouse's pension

Send us a form that allows you, as the spouse of a plan member, to waive all remaining beneficiary rights should your spouse die after retiring.

Submit Form 2 to give up your beneficiary right to a plan member's pension benefit

  1. Print Form 2 Spouse’s waiver of 60% lifetime survivor’s benefit and/or beneficiary rights from a pension plan or annuity after payments start from the Financial Institutions Commission website
  2. Complete it in the presence of a witness and the absence of your spouse (the plan member)
  3. Initial Waiver B to give up your rights to receive any remaining benefits in your spouse’s pension if they die
  4. Sign and date the form
  5. Ask your witness to sign the form
  6. Send the form to BC's Municipal Pension Plan


You can only initial Waiver B to give up your beneficiary right if:

  • You have also signed Waiver A to give up your right to a survivor (death) benefit on the form
  • Your spouse (the plan member) chose a single life pension with a guarantee period, the guarantee period hasn't expired and you are currently listed as the beneficiary

If your spouse (the plan member) is still working but has not yet started receiving their pension and you want to give up your rights to the pre-retirement survivor (death) benefit, submit Form 4 instead.

Required information
  • The name, address and provincial registration number of the pension plan:

Municipal Pension Plan
P.O. Box 9460
Victoria, BC V8W 9V8
Provincial registration number: P085497

  • A witness to sign the form