Cancel your retirement health coverage
Learn how to cancel your enrolment in the extended health care and dental plans.
You can cancel your:
- Extended health care coverage at any time
- Dental coverage after you have been a member of the plan for 12 months
If you cancel your coverage, you may not be able to re-enrol in the plan(s) later on. You can only re-enrol yourself and your spouse and/or eligible dependant(s) later if you can provide proof of continuous coverage from another plan from the date you cancelled your coverage with us.
You must cancel your coverage if you, your spouse and/or dependant(s) are no longer eligible. This could occur, for example, if:
- You move out of the country
- You separate or divorce
- Your over-age dependent child:
- works more than 30 hours per week
- no longer attends school or university full time
- You die, or your spouse or dependent child dies
Cancelling your coverage
To cancel your coverage, tell us in writing the specific coverage you want to end:
- Sign into My Account and click the envelope for Message Centre
- Mail or fax us and include three personal identifiers (such as your Person ID, full name, date of birth, telephone number and address) with your request
When your coverage will end
We will cancel your coverage at the end of the month we receive your request. For example, if you send us your cancellation request on April 5, we will cancel your coverage as of April 30. You can continue to use your coverage until April 30, as long as you submit any claims within the deadlines.
Please make sure your pharmacist, dentist or any other health care provider does not submit claims for services on your behalf after the last day of the month in which you submitted your cancellation request. If Pacific Blue Cross reimburses you for services received after your cancellation date, your coverage cancellation date will be moved to the last day of that month and the premium for that coverage will be deducted from your pension payment.