How to apply to become a limited member

Your former spouse must become a limited member of the plan if they want to receive their share of your pension directly from the plan. Here's what they need to do.

To apply to become a limited member   of the plan, you or your former spouse must:
  • Send Form P2 Request for designation as limited member to BC's Municipal Pension Plan; either you as the plan member or your former spouse   can complete this form
  • Pay an administration fee of $750; this fee is $925 if the plan member made additional contributions to the plan (under a special agreement) that are also to be divided
  • Include a copy of the complete, signed separation agreement or registered court order; if neither are available, send a Form P9 Agreement to have benefits divided with the application form and fee