How to buy arrears
Find out how to buy arrears if there was a period when you and your employer should have contributed to the plan but didn't.
How to buy payroll arrears
Payroll arrears most commonly occur if your employer did not:
- Deduct pension contributions on salary paid to you during a partially paid leave of absence
- Resume making pension deductions after a period of unpaid leave (such as a maternity leave, for example)
What is the process?
Contact your employer if you notice a period where you should have contributed to the plan but didn't. We'll send your employer a statement that shows the cost and payment due date. Your employer may bill you for the employee's share.
The cost to buy arrears is based on:
- The amount of pensionable service you are buying
- Your current full-time salary
- The current employee and employer contribution rates