What types of service you can buy

Learn about the types of service you can buy to potentially increase your future pension.

Reinstating service and paying back a refund

If you left a job with an employer participating in BC's Municipal Pension Plan, withdrew your contributions from the plan and are now an active member, you may be able to reinstate your earlier service. The option to reinstate service only applies to service earned before January 1, 1998.

You do this by repaying the funds you withdrew, plus interest. For more information, please contact the plan.