Submit a form to buy service
Use this application if you cannot use the online purchase cost estimator.
Submit the form
If you are not eligible to apply to buy service online, you can submit the Purchase of Service Application form.
- Open and save the form.
- Complete part A.
- Send the completed form to your current employer. Your employer may request additional documents to complete your application (e.g., pay stubs or a letter of hire). Your employer will complete part B and send the form to the plan.
Once we have processed your application, we will send you a statement.
If you have chosen to continue contributing to your pension while on an approved leave of absence under the Employment Standards Act (ESA), you will receive regular statements about once a month.
Another way to submit the form
Most members can use the purchase cost estimator in My Account to estimate their cost and apply to buy service.
Use this form only if you meet one of the following criteria. Otherwise, sign in to My Account and use the purchase cost estimator to start your application.
Submit this form if you:
- Want to make continuous contributions during an ESA-approved leave of absence
- Have a former spouse who is entitled to a share of your pension
- Are currently working in a position where you do not make monthly pension contributions
- Are currently on long-term disability and want to buy back a previous leave
- Have transferred service from another pension plan in the past five years and you plan to retire or stop working within five years
- Want to buy service for an ESA-approved leave and you were not working full time before the leave
- Work for more than one plan employer at the same time
- Have worked in a public safety occupation (in employee groups 2 or 5 as a police officer or firefighter) and in a non-public safety occupation
- The type of service you want to buy
- The start and end dates of your gap in service
Your employer can help you find this information.