COVID-19 update: To minimize service impacts and ensure the safety of our staff, we are not accepting paper documents at this time. Please send all forms and paperwork through My Account Message Centre. If you cannot access My Account or need assistance, please contact us.
Submit a form to become a limited member
Send us a form to apply to become a limited member of the plan.
Apply to become a limited member
Follow these steps to become a limited member of BC's Municipal Pension Plan:
- Complete Form P2 Request for designation as limited member online
- Print the form
- Sign the form in front of a witness
- Attach a copy of the complete, signed separation agreement, registered court order or Form P9 Agreement to have benefits divided to Form P2 if you have not already done so
- Attach a cheque or money order for $750 payable to the Municipal Pension Plan. This fee is $925 if the plan member made additional contributions (under a special agreement) that are also to be divided
- Mail the complete package to the Municipal Pension Plan
This form can be completed by either the plan member or their former spouse.
- Social insurance number of the former spouse
- Social insurance number or Person ID number of the plan member
- The signature of a witness on the form
- A copy of the complete, signed separation agreement, registered court order or Form P9 Agreement to have benefits divided stating how we should divide the pension
- A cheque for $750 (or $925) payable to the Municipal Pension Plan
- Proof of age and change-of-name documents