What’s brewing for BC and the Canadian retirement landscape.
March 31, 2017
Welcome to Municipal Pension Plan’s new website
Hi everyone. My name is Judy Payne and I’m the executive director of BC’s Municipal Pension Plan. On behalf of the Municipal Pension Board of Trustees, welcome to your new pension website.
Our goal was simple: to create a space where you can learn about your pension plan with tools and information that makes your pension experience the best it can be. This website was built using feedback from real plan members like you, who told us what your priorities are when interacting with your pension plan online and how you would organize this information. What you see on this new site is a direct result of your feedback.
Here’s some of what you can look forward to:
- My Account has been enhanced to make it simple to review your pension information and complete updates. You have a personalized dashboard and can easily use pension calculators, name beneficiaries, update information for you or your spouse, and more
- online pension application services. This new feature available through My Account will securely and clearly guide you through the process of applying for your pension
- learning guides to help you respond to different life events over your career, like enrolling in the plan, changing jobs, becoming a parent, taking a leave of absence and more
- easy to use navigation on your personal computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- updated content with embedded definitions of key pension terms
- plain language explanations of more technical pension information
Events in your personal life and your career affect your pension; this new website can help you learn how to make the right choices for you.
Please sign on to My Account today to review your new pension dashboard and try out some of the new features.
What is Pension Percolator?
This is a brand new feature of MPP’s website, where I will share updates and information about the plan as well as insights and news about retirement income security and pension industry developments in Canada.
Judy Payne is the Executive Director
of the Municipal Pension Plan