Submit a form to name (or change) a beneficiary (limited member)
If you're a limited member, send us a form to name a beneficiary (other than your estate).
Submit the Nomination of beneficiary (for limited member) form
- Complete the form online
- Print, sign and date it
- If required, attach a separate page identifying any additional or alternate beneficiaries
- Mail the signed form (and additional page, if applicable) to BC's Municipal Pension Plan
If you are naming more than two beneficiaries or alternate beneficiaries, include this information on a separate sheet and attach to the form. The sheet must include the same date as the form to be valid and your printed name and signature. Note: remember that whatever percentage you allocate to your beneficiaries the total must add up to 100 per cent.
Another way to name a beneficiary
You can also name beneficiaries in your will. If you name beneficiaries for your pension benefit in your will, complete the following to ensure your wishes are met:
- Name the Municipal Pension Plan
- Name the beneficiaries and include the specific percentage of the pension benefit you want to leave to each beneficiary
You can submit this form if you are a limited member of the plan.
- If you are naming a person as a beneficiary, you’ll need to provide their:
- full legal name
- date of birth
- mailing address
- If you are naming an organization as a beneficiary, you need its exact name (and chapter and branch, if applicable); including the organization's Canada Revenue Agency registration number may help ensure faster payment.
- If you are naming a trust, it is helpful to include its trust account number