Tax information for retired members

Your pension is taxable income. We will deduct federal and provincial income tax from your monthly pension payment.

Your tax slip (T4A or NR4) as a retired member

Your pension is taxable income — you need to report your pension income on your tax return.

You can find this information on the tax slip (T4A or NR4), which is always available to view and download in My Account. As this is your official tax slip, you can download and print the PDF for your taxes.

To access your official tax slip:

  1. Sign in to My Account at
  2. Click Statements and select Tax information from the dropdown menu.
  3. To download a printable PDF, scroll down and click the Download link.

This slip includes the pension information you need to report on your tax return, such as:

  • Your total annual pension income
  • The income tax we deducted from your pension income
  • The value of any health care premiums paid by BC's Public Service Pension Plan on your behalf
  • Other information that may apply to your particular situation

We will send you a notification when the tax slip is available in My Account. If you haven't opted into digital communications, you will receive your tax slip in the mail.

External information related to your tax slip

If you have questions about completing your tax return, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website or call 1-800-959-8281.