Apply for direct deposit to a U.S. account
Send us a form if you're living in the United States and want us to deposit your pension payment into your U.S. bank account.
To arrange for your pension payment to be deposited to your U.S. bank account
- Complete the U.S. direct deposit authorization form online
- Print the form
- Take the form to your bank so that they can verify your account information
- Send the form to the Municipal Pension Plan
Once we have received your form, we will deposit your monthly pension payment into your bank account in U.S. dollars.
Your first direct deposit will be made about two months after we receive your form.
Your pension payment may change from month to month because of changes in the Canadian and U.S. dollar exchange rates.
You can submit the U.S. direct deposit authorization form if you are a retired member living in the U.S.
To complete the form you will need:
- Your bank account information
- An official signature from your bank