Apply to transfer service from another pension plan
Send us a form to begin the process of transferring service from another public sector pension plan.
Submit the Pension transfer application form
- Complete the form online
- Print and sign it
- Attach a clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity
- Send the completed form and copy of the identification to the Municipal Pension Plan
Once you have submitted your application, the transfer process may take anywhere from 6 to 18 months. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
You are eligible to transfer service between pension plans if:
- You are an active member in the Municipal Pension Plan
- You have ended all employment in your previous employer’s plan
- Your previous employer’s pension plan has a transfer agreement with the Municipal Pension Plan
A clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity.
Examples of acceptable forms of government-issued identification include:
- Valid photo BC Services Card
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian marriage certificate (with date of birth)
- Valid Canadian passport (photo page)
- Valid Canadian provincial or territorial driver's licence