Apply to transfer service from another pension plan
Send us a form to begin the process of transferring service from another public sector pension plan.
Submit the Pension transfer application form
- Complete the form online
- Print and sign it
- Attach a clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity
- Send the completed form and copy of the identification to the Municipal Pension Plan
Once you have submitted your application, the transfer process may take anywhere from 6 to 18 months. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
You are eligible to transfer service between pension plans if:
- You are an active member in the Municipal Pension Plan
- You have ended all employment in your previous employer’s plan
- Your previous employer’s pension plan has a transfer agreement with the Municipal Pension Plan
A clear copy of government-issued identification to prove your age and identity.
Examples of acceptable forms of government-issued identification include:
- Valid photo BC Services Card
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian marriage certificate (with date of birth)
- Valid Canadian passport (photo page)
- Valid Canadian provincial or territorial driver's licence
Related content for applying to transfer pension service
Acceptable documents to prove your identification
Check your request
Did you know you can now check the status of your service request using Message Centre? You'll find the link on your My Account dashboard.