Pay the administration fee
To become a limited member, you must pay an administration fee.
The fee is $750; this fee is $925 if the plan member made additional contributions to the plan (under a special agreement) that are also to be divided. You and the plan member share responsibility for paying this fee. So, you may choose to recover a portion of the fee from the plan member.
You must pay the fee within 30 days of submitting your application Form P2 and supporting documents. We can’t process your application until we receive the fee. You may pay by
- cheque, money order or bank draft (payable to Municipal Pension Plan), or
- online banking from your personal bank account (requires plan member’s Person ID)
We can only provide a plan member's Person ID to a former spouse who has claimed an interest in the pension.
How to pay through online banking
The following financial institutions are set up for online banking with us:
- BC credit unions
- TD Bank
To pay the fee online:
- Sign in to your financial institution’s online banking service.
- Under Add a payee, select BC Pension Corporation.
- For your account number, type in the plan member’s Person ID (PID).
If you need help making your payment through online banking, contact your financial institution.
Related content for paying the administration fee
Claim an interest in your former spouse's pension