Submit a form to waive your pre-retirement death (survivor) benefit
Send us a form that allows you, as the spouse of a plan member, to give up your right to receive a pension benefit should your spouse die before retiring.
Submit a form to give up your right to a pre-retirement survivor (death) benefit
- Print Form 4 Spouse’s waiver of beneficiary right to benefits in a pension plan, locked-in retirement account, life income fund or annuity before pension or annuity payments start
- Complete the form in the presence of a witness; your spouse (the plan member) must not be present when you complete it
- Initial the first box in the waiver section to give up your beneficiary right to receive your spouse's pension benefit if your spouse dies before retiring
- Ask your witness to sign and date the form; they must sign on the same day
- Submit the form to BC's Municipal Pension Plan
Only complete this form if your spouse (the plan member) has not yet started receiving their pension.
If your spouse is retiring and applying for their pension, you must complete Form 2 Spouse’s waiver of 60% lifetime survivor’s benefit and/or beneficiary rights from a pension plan or annuity after payments start to give up your right to a minimum 60 per cent lifetime survivor's (death) benefit or beneficiary right to a guaranteed monthly pension.
- The name, address and provincial registration number of the plan:
Municipal Pension Plan
P.O. Box 9460
Victoria, BC V8W 9V8
Provincial registration number: P085497
- A witness to sign and date the form