How to transfer service between public sector plans

If you are joining or leaving the plan, you may be able to transfer your eligible service.

What is the process?

If you’re joining BC's Municipal Pension Plan and would like to transfer your service from your old pension plan, submit your Pension transfer application form (there are two forms, so choose the one appropriate to your situation). We’ll then tell you if you are eligible and how much service we will recognize from your former plan. There are deadlines to do this, so contact us as soon as possible so we can confirm your eligibility.

If transferring service from the Government of Canada Public Service Pension plan, please contact us. We can provide you with the form you need to submit your application.

Note that transferring service takes time. Once you have submitted your application, the transfer process will typically take anywhere from 6 to 18 months.